|Contact||Member Directory||How to Join||Annual Dues||Newsletter||RSVP|
The Boone County Bar Association, Inc. is a voluntary association of lawyers and judges who practice and/or reside in Boone County, Missouri. It is incorporated as a Missouri not-for-profit corporation. Read more.
13th Circuit Court Changes Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
Presiding Judge Kevin Crane has signed an administrative order regarding cases being heard in the 13th Circuit. The order was made to balance continuing justice and the health of staff and the public. During the next 30 days, only the following will be heard:
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED, effective March 17, 2020 and continuing through April 17, 2020, unless otherwise specifically set forth below or unless modified or extended in a subsequent administrative order, only the following cases will be heard:
- In custody initial appearances and arraignments within 48 business hours,
- Bond hearings as required pursuant to Supreme Court Rule 33,
- Any other in custody criminal cases that can be conducted by video,
- 96-hour hearings,
- Ex partes, temporary restraining orders, and preliminary injunctions,
- Juvenile detention hearings,
- Juvenile delinquency cases in custody that can be conducted by video,
- Abuse/neglect protective custody hearings,
- Emergency guardianships, and
- Writ of habeas corpus hearings.
All cases currently set during the next 30 days, that do not fall into the above categories, will be sent new court dates. Parties and attorneys should expect to get notice of their new court date. The docket schedule (when dockets are heard) will remain unchanged. The courthouses and its offices will remain open at this time but the court will continue to monitor the situation in our communities.
Additional information is contained in the Administrative Order In re: COVID-19; 03-2020.