There is a new Lawyers Chapter of the Federalist Society in Mid-Missouri. The Federalist Society’s Lawyers Division was founded in 1986 to bring together attorneys, business and policy leaders, judges and others interested in examining and improving the state of the law. The newly-formed Jefferson City Lawyers Chapter plans to host 2-3 social events as well as three CLE-qualifying events (i.e., speeches, panel discussions and debates) each year. This includes an annual event at the Capitol in January each year, at which members of the local chapter will be joined by members of the Kansas City and St. Louis Lawyers Chapters.
The local chapter is governed by a Steering Committee which is currently composed of the following attorneys:
• Hon. Jon Beetem, Cole County Circuit Court
• Stephanie Bell, Blitz, Bardgett & Deutch
• Jennifer Bukowsky, Bukowsky Law Firm
• Marc Ellinger, Blitz, Bardgett & Deutch
• Hon. Zel Fischer, Missouri Supreme Court
• Jason Glahn, Missouri House of Representatives
• Hon. Daniel Green, Cole County Circuit Court
• Lucinda Luektemeyer, Office of the Governor
• David Minnick, Office of Secretary of State
• Even Rosell, Office of the Attorney Genera
l• David Welch, Missouri House of Representatives
• Hampton Williams, Office of Public Counsel
The Steering Committee held its first official meeting on June 29th, at which it selected Welch as President, Ellinger as Vice President, Bell as Secretary, Glahn as Program Chair, Williams as Student Liaison, and Bukowsky as Membership Director.
BCBA members are invited to join the Federalist Society. To join the Federalist Society, go to: https://www.fed-soc.org/members/step1. If you have questions about membership (or if you want to ensure the local chapter knows you’ve joined), you may email Jennifer Bukowsky at firstname.lastname@example.org.