The Associate Circuit Judges and Commissioners of the 13th Circuit are hosting 3 CLEs on Friday, May 8. These CLEs will be on Zoom and will focus on how to appear for court over Zoom. One will be with judges from Boone County, one will be with judges from Callaway County, both focusing on criminal and civil dockets; and a third will focus on Family Law in both Boone and Callaway counties. The court is applying for CLE credit. Below is a schedule of these three programs:
Friday, May 8
Boone Judges – 10-10:50 a.m. (1 CLE)
Callaway Judges – 11-11:50 a.m. (1 CLE)
Family Law Judges and Commissioner – 12-12:30 p.m. (.6 CLE)
Attorneys are welcome to RSVP for any or all of the programs. There is no cost to register or attend.
Each CLE will be limited to 20 participants. If more attorneys want to sign up, then additional time slots will be made likely later in the day on the 8th.
Examples of issues to be discussed:
- How will I know my case will be heard on Zoom versus in person?
- Breakout rooms (to discuss something privately with your client if they’re in custody)
- How to handle witnesses and submit evidence.
- Best practices for using Zoom, including
- Using headphones and a microphone to avoid echo.
- Wearing appropriate attire.
- Muting your line when your case is being addressed.
- What to do if you need to leave for a minute.
- How and when to use the “chat” option.
- Expectations for your clients.
To RSVP, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating which Zoom CLE(s) you would like to attend, and any additional questions you want answered. The Zoom invite to the CLE will be sent out to those who RSVP on Thursday, May 7.